"MAROVA" is a high Phenolic Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
It was recently awarded with the ARISTOLEO silver award for its phenolic content & its prfect taste!
It is produced directly from unripe olives only by mechanical methods.
High polyphenols in organic extra virgin olive oil help to protect blood lipids from oxidative stress.
The beneficial effects are ensured by the daily intake of 20g of olive oil.
Its name was derived from the medieval village where it is sourced from: Marova, the Cypriot village of Maroni-as it is now called-has been known for its production and distribution of olive oil since ancient times
“MAROVA” has high phenols and polyphenols such as Oleokanthal and oleuropein, hence the two consecutive awards of the World Olive Organization (2018 & 2019)
But what polyphenols are?
Polyphenols are a type of antioxidant found in extra virgin olive oil.
- They help to fight oxidative stress
- They can fight diseases related to heart problems, high blood presure, cholesterol, and certain forms of cancer.
- Anti-aging properties
- Strong anti-flammatory properties
- A recent study showed that extra virgin olive oil contains a specific phenol compound called oleocanthal, which acts similarly to ibuprofen in the body.
- This shows the ability of olive oil to help reduce the risk of stroke. It is believed that two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil a day is enough to provide these anti-inflammatory benefits.
- It is believed that two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil a day is enough to provide these anti-inflammatory benefits.
How is it made?
It is produced from 100% koroneiki variety:
- In the Koroneiki variety in Maroni in Larnaca, the olive trees are located at a distance of 1.5 km from the sea at a height of 20m.
- The climate in the area is characterized by mild winters and hot dry summers.
- These conditions give a special aroma and taste to the olive oil
Marova is extremely low in acidity (from 0.25%)
- Acidity is of major importance for olive oil.
- Olive oil with low acidity is clearly better!
- Low acidity contributes to the overall absorption of antioxidants by the human body.
- Extra virgin olive oil presupplied acidity up to 0.8. Our extra virgin olive oil does not exceed 0.3!
Marova is produced based on national and European directives on Organic Agriculture
- It is 100% free of preservative chemical additives and pesticides and has a certificate of Organic Agriculture
- No pesticide chemicals are used in organic farming.
- The crop is fertilized in natural ways, using grasses, compost, manure from organic farm and various branches from the prunings.
In the production of our olive oil, we utilize the technique of cold pressing
- During the production of olive oil, the fruit in the olive mill should not rise in temperatures above 27 degrees
- This does not destroy antioxidants such as oleuropein, hydroxytyrosol and oleander
- We use the natural method of filtering, where the heavy ones go to the bottom and the pure olive oil stays on the top, removing olive oil from the lower part, the filtering is done naturally and then it is packaged (the presentation of sediment is completely normal).
- The harvest is done by mechanical means so that the fruit is not injured
- The transfer of the olives to the olive mill is done through ventilated boxes so that they come in contact with the air and are not oxidized
- Our olive oil is produced in less than twelve hours after the end of the harvest so that the olives are more alive and retain their nutrients
- It is stored in special stainless steel containers with the addition of nitrogen to prevent oxidation and to retain all its polyphenols.